The Department of Nursing seeks applicants for a full-time, one-year term faculty position at the Instructor or Assistant Professor level to begin August 2020. This position has the potential to renew and/or become tenure track. This individual will be a part of the Nursing faculty with their primary teaching responsibilities in the area of Adult Health Nursing. Position includes clinical coordinating.
• Ph.D. in Nursing preferred or Masters in Nursing required
• Expertise in Adult Health Nursing preferred
• Recent nursing practice experience preferred
• Teaching experience required
• Rank is dependent on academic credentials and academic experience.
• Ability to use learning systems technologies such as Moodle.
Duties and Responsibilities
Teaching responsibilities in the Department of Nursing could include the following based on experience and expertise: Adult Health Nursing
• Teach nursing courses in the Department of Nursing
• Coordinate clinical rotations and oversee clinical instructors
• Academic advising
• Participation in departmental and college committees and activities and
• Uphold department policies.
Candidates must submit the following documents:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vitae
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
• Two letters of recommendation
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All final candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: We educate our community to ask reflective questions, apply critical thought, and act with purpose.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.