• Performs a variety of professional nursing functions; conducts or assists in the development of nursing assessments and nursing plans; and may supervise Licensed Practical Nurses, direct care staff, and/or less experienced Registered Nurses.
• Provides professional nursing care, including physical care and emotional support, which may require the use of specialized techniques, equipment, and/or procedures.
• Provides general nursing care; takes and records pulse, blood pressure, respiration, and temperature; and applies dressing and bandages.
• Participates in performing nursing assessments to identify the strengths and nursing care needs of patients/clients.
• Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing plans based on nursing assessment; participates in nursing diagnoses; and implements nursing components of master treatment plans.
• Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician; assists physicians with special procedures and treatments.
• Documents and describes nursing care provided, observations, and interventions that contribute to continuity of care.
• Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
• Serves as a nursing team leader and/or as a relief charge nurse as assigned.
• Independently carries out the care and treatment program indicated for each patient/client according to instructions and established nursing standards and procedures; work is reviewed by supervisors through nursing note review, observations, and effectiveness of nursing procedures.
Thank you for your interest in a career with the Missouri Veterans Home – Cameron. We will need to know what position, you wish to be considered for and we will need the following documentation:
• Completed MVC employment application (http://www.mvc.dps.mo.gov/docs/employment/commissionApp.pdf)
• College transcripts, and
• Authorization to Release Confidential Information form (http://mvc.dps.mo.gov/jobs/index.php)
• Resume and references
If you have any questions please contact Laura Clark, Personnel Manager at 816-649-1630.