The position requires the ability to train, direct, supervise, and evaluate nursing staff of varying skill mix (RN, LPN, Psychiatric Technician) in the application of quality nursing practice, both medical and psychiatric, in an inpatient setting serving individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, many with co-morbid medical conditions, intellectual deficits, and substance use disorders. The manager will operate EITHER (a) as the nursing director of a residential based program providing evidence and recovery based psychosocial programming for individuals with similar clinical presentations; OR (b) as the facility-wide (house) supervisor on an assigned shift. Duties include:
• Serving on various nursing leadership committees.
• Reviewing nursing assessments, diagnoses, and care plans, evaluating and improving the quality and effectiveness of nursing interventions as needed.
• Conducting rounds of the residential areas to ensure that accreditation/certification standards are maintained, and that safe and adequate nursing care is being provided.
• Consulting with physicians and attending psychiatrists, and non-medical clinicians.
• Supervising students, and participating in the recruitment and hiring of new nursing staff.
• Recommending and implementing discipline for nursing staff.
• Works independently with minimum supervision, with work reviewed by supervisors for conformance with established policies and effectiveness of nursing procedures.
Requirements: Qualified Candidates must be a Licensed RN in the State of Missouri, with previous supervisory and/or leadership experience. MSN preferred. Experience and interest in working with geriatric populations strongly preferred.
Full-time employees receive competitive pay, excellent benefits, including 3 weeks paid vacation, a pension plan, deferred compensation program, cafeteria plan, health, vision, life and dental plan options, as well as 12 paid holidays per year and opportunities for professional growth.
Interested candidates may apply in person, via e-mail, fax, or US mail to:
Catherine Brown, Personnel Analyst
St. Louis Psychiatric Rehabilitation
5300 Arsenal, St. Louis, MO 63139
FAX: (314) 877-5950