NURSING INSTRUCTOR (Theory, Lab, Clinical)
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator/Site Coordinator and the Director of PN and/or Director of PN to ADN Nursing programs.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
CONTRACT TERMS: Full-Time, 9-month, Tenure track
LOCATION: Multiple Sites: Trenton/Maryville/Bethany
Position Summary: Full time 9-month tenure-track faculty to provide theory, lab, and clinical instruction to students in the NCMC Nursing Programs at multiple sites. Primary duties revolve around classroom (on ground and online) and lab instruction, as well as PN and PN to ADN clinical commitments. Candidate will be qualified to teach assigned Nursing related classes in accordance with established guidelines and policies; participate in advising and committee assignments, college activities, and supervisory responsibilities as assigned. Travel required.
Essential Functions: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Meets the guidelines set forth by the Missouri Nursing Practice Act for approved nursing programs
• Demonstrate a commitment to teaching with a focus on student retention and success.
• Teaches courses/lab/clinical as assigned.
• Utilize a variety of methods and strategies that reflect various learning styles of students.
• Develop effective relationships with faculty, students, and individuals in community agencies.
• Promote North Central Missouri College Nursing Programs.
• Assist in curriculum design, develop course syllabi, lesson plans and program evaluations.
• Maintain student records according to various agencies and college policy while ensuring confidentiality.
• Participate in budget development.
• Be a faculty representative on nursing advisory committee(s)
• Prepare annual goals summary with target completion dates.
• Model effective oral and written communication that engages the students, provides clarity, and improves student learning.
• Ensure the content and level of material included on exams, assignments, and instruction corresponds to the course’s student learning outcomes
• Demonstrate consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams, assignments, and clinical/simulation evaluations, and provide timely feedback to students.
• Continuously improve instructional quality by keeping current, reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods to ensure student success; such as collaborative learning, learning communities, service learning, instructional technology and distance education to enhance retention.
• Provide access to students by posting office hours, electronic communication, and other appropriate methods.
• Assist in the identification and the recommendation of adjunct faculty.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• Attend division meetings and college functions as required.
• Ensures confidentiality and maintenance of student records
• Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Division of Nursing and Health Sciences and North Central Missouri College
• Other duties as assigned.
• Flexibility in traveling between three campuses.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Masters in nursing preferred. Faculty will be given a time frame to meet masters in nursing degree requirements.
Experience: Classroom, lab, clinical and/or on line teaching experience preferred.
Prefer a skill background in the following nursing areas: medical/surgical, pharmacology, leadership and/or management
Skills: Strong communication skills. Provide sound evidence of effective teaching ability and management. Possess creative, innovative, and diverse approaches to teaching nursing. Proven organizational, analytical and time management skills displaying initiative when completing tasks.
Ability to community effectively, both orally and written. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must have the ability to work with students and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
Certificates and Licenses: Must meet MO State Board of Nursing’s guidelines, having unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in MO.
Physical Demands: Moving about between buildings on the NCMC campus; ascending and descending stairs; reaching, pulling, and pushing when filing; able to do repetitive tasks; remain stationary at a desk while typing and answering phones; teach in a classroom setting for extended periods of time. Must be able to travel independently.
Environmental Demands: Fluctuations while moving on tile and carpeted floors in a heated and air conditioned environment.
To apply: Visit www.ncmissouri.edu/jobs for more information and how to apply