The University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) College of Nursing invites applications for full-time non-tenured track teaching faculty positions. UMSL is a premier public metropolitan university that attracts and encourages outstanding students and faculty to collaborate in learning and scholarship.
Applications are being accepted for Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 semesters and are encouraged from individuals in the following areas of expertise:
• Community Health
• Health Care Systems
1. Participate in the ongoing development, implementation, evaluation, and enhancement of nursing academic programs:
a. Participate in program and course revisions.
b. Revise assigned courses to reflect program outcomes, AACN essentials, and other professional standards, state board of nursing minimum standards, current evidence and best practice.
c. Collaborate with emphasis area coordinators, clinical coordinators, program directors, and the Associate Dean for Academic Programs to identify the types of clinical experiences and sites needed for optimal clinical education of students.
d. Teach graduate and undergraduate nursing courses as assigned.
e. Supervise nursing students as assigned.
f. Collaborate with clinical agencies in arranging student clinical experiences (e.g. orientation to objectives of clinical experience, course syllabus, clinical schedule, et al) as appropriate.
g. Participate in the development of academic policies affecting the admission, progression, graduation and dismissal of students.
h. Participate in the evaluation and ongoing enhancement of the curricula.
i. Apply evidence from best education practices to curriculum development and to teaching.
2. Serve the College of Nursing, University, community and profession:
a. Participate in College of Nursing faculty, standing committee, task force and other meetings.
b. Participate in University Assembly and Faculty Senate Committees and ad hoc committees.
c. Participate in community and professional activities as appropriate.
d. Participate in scholarly projects as appropriate.
3. Contribute to the mission and strategic priorities of the College of Nursing and the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
4. Collaborate effectively with other faculty and staff members both within the College of Nursing and throughout the University and community to develop interprofessional academic, clinical, and research opportunities.
1. A graduate degree in nursing; doctoral degree in nursing or related field preferred.
2. Licensure as a registered nurse in Missouri prior to employment.
3. Three or more years of experience as a registered professional nurse.
4. Evidence of successful classroom and/or clinical teaching experience.
5. Effective interpersonal skills and cultural competence.
6. Ability to work with a diverse group of students and colleagues.
Experience with instructional media and technology.
To apply: https://www.umsl.edu/~nursingweb/Employment/index.html
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5381, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Search Committee Chair: Natalie Murphy, PhD, ARNP, FNP-BC, email@example.com