Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is looking for a LPN (Night Supervisor) at our skilled nursing facility, Mary, Queen and Mother Center. This position is responsible for the supervision, assessment, implementation, and evaluation of all nursing care.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Coordinates nursing care within the framework of the physician’s diagnosis and plan for treatment and care.
• Assists with coordination of nursing service and other departments.
• Interviews potential employees for positions of Charge Nurse, CMT, and CNA.
• Assists the nursing department in orientating, teaching, counseling, evaluating, and motivating nursing personnel.
• Conducts employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed by the Director of Nursing (DON). Completes and
presents evaluations of nurses. Reviews evaluations of CMTs and CNAs.
• Coach, Mentor, and or Develop Charge Nurses, CNAs, and CMTs as necessary to maintain a positive cohesive team
environment that delivers high Quality Care to all Residents.
• Utilizes Matrix System to ensure Nursing Practices are compliant with State and Federal Guidelines. This is to include
but not limited to the following daily review: Open Events, Dashboard, and Facility Report.
• Completes employee performance appraisals on designated Due Date for Staff directly supervised.
• Responsible for ensuring staff follows HR policies and procedures.
• Schedules staff for in-services.
• Routinely reviews medical records to ensure completeness.
• Participates in professional meetings to keep abreast of developments in gerontology and nursing procedures.
• Reviews incident reports and initials before passing on to the DON.
• Responsible for medication included in the stat kit and emergency box. Documents and reorders medications according
to facility policy.
• Assists Charge Nurses in sending residents to hospitals, clinic appointments, doctor appointments, etc.
• Completes weekly compliance rounds and ensures that follow-up is completed when necessary.
• Responsible for ensuring staff follows HR Policies and Procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must be currently licensed and qualified as a practical nurse in the State of Missouri.
2. At least two (2) years experience in a geriatric setting.
3. Knowledge of State and Federal regulations governing extended care facilities.
4. Be IV Certified upon hire or become certified within 90 days of hire.
• Dental, Health Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
Apply at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63119 or submit resume online to HR@crssstl.org.