As the Licensed Practical Nurse, reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, you will provide direct care of residents by providing healthcare & optimal living conditions for seniors in a loving, caring and nurturing environment in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting your care team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience. This position is responsible for the health needs of the residents and maintaining the well-being of the residents.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Administer medications and/or treatments for all or a selected group of residents, adhering to facility policies and procedures and skill level of personnel.
- Receive and process, and follow physician’s orders.
- Assist residents with ADL’s per Individualized Service Plan. Examples of this are, but not limited to transferring, ambulation, dressing, hygiene, toileting, etc.
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled activities. One on one’s when appropriate and behavior redirection.
- Act as first responder to resident emergency response system.
- Initiate planned behavioral interventions when indicated.
- Monitor residents and environment frequently, noting resident’s condition and response to treatment.
- Supervise and assure completion of any required documentation in the resident’s medical record.
- Make physician appointments, therapy appointments and arrange for transportation to appointments as needed.
- Identify and seek referrals for residents in need of psycho-social or behavioral evaluations.
- Use good body mechanics and monitor environmental factors for potential safety hazards daily.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe environment for residents and comply with and monitor adherence to infection control and medication policies and procedures.
- Complete accident and incident reports, and monthly infection control logs according to facility policy.
- Maintain current knowledge of scope of practice for self and others and recognize legal implications when making nursing judgments.
- Record information on changes in condition, new orders, incidents, etc. in the communication log.
- Inform the Director of Nursing, or other appropriate staff regarding changes in resident physical, emotional or behavioral status, orally and via the Stop and Watch tool.
- Initiate and contribute to the plan of care for residents, according to resident needs and policy, in order to promote continuity of care from admission through discharge or transfer.
- Communicate with therapist(s) to ensure follow through with evaluations or therapy.
- Consult with and inform culinary director regarding the resident’s special nutritional needs.
- Report defective equipment or potential hazards for repair or immediate remediation.
- Serve as role model in dealing with confused residents or those exhibiting disruptive behaviors.
- Practice effective health and hygiene habits.
Present neat clean appearance in keeping with uniform policy.
- Conduct self so as to promote favorable public relations for Provision Living.
- Daily monitor and assisting with hygiene, leisure, exercise and other programming.
- Provide assistance when indicated with various programming, when resident behaviors are disruptive or as
needed, according to policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative team player able to establish effective working relationships with team members.
- Demonstrated experience in promoting a high level of customer service and hospitality towards and among all
residents, associates, and visitors
- Possess sound organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals with a strong sense of accountability for results.
- Demonstrated communication excellence, verbally and in writing; comfortable presenting to large groups.
- Described as dependable with a strong work ethic.
- Possess an appreciation of seniors and an understanding of the aging process.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems is required.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Degree or equivalent & accredited LPN certification AND 1-3 years of past experience
- Applicable State liscensure, required
Please come in and complete an application or apply on line
2333 Chapel Hill Road
Columbia, MO 65203