- Provides bedside care, including feeding, bathing, bed making, ambulation, and oral hygiene; takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, etc.
- Observes patients to detect deviations from normal conditions; records and reports signs and symptoms which may be indicative of change.
- Performs practical nursing duties such as special decubitus care, change of dressings, oxygen and aerosol therapy, catheterizations, bladder irrigations, douches, etcPrepares, administers, and charts medications according to physician orders and under the supervision of a registered professional nurse.
- Assists a registered professional nurse in preparing nursing assessment summaries, preparing and implementing health care plans, instructing residents and patients in performing personal health care, and performing rehabilitative and preventative nursing care.
- Assists with admission process and orientation of patient to the hospital; participates in the planning of nursing care.
- Attends and participates in orientation and staff development programs.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Medicare from Start to Finish – VIRTUAL
February 9-10, 2021