As the Licensed Practical Nurse, reporting directly to the Director of Nursing, you will provide direct care of residents by providing healthcare & optimal living conditions for seniors in a loving, caring and nurturing environment in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations while supporting your care team in optimizing each resident’s well-being and overall experience. This position is responsible for the health needs of the residents and maintaining the well-being of the residents.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Administer medications and/or treatments for all or a selected group of residents, adhering to facility policies and procedures and skill level of personnel.
- Receive and process, and follow physician’s orders.
- Assist residents with ADL’s per Individualized Service Plan. Examples of this are, but not limited to transferring, ambulation, dressing, hygiene, toileting, etc
- Assist in scheduled and unscheduled activities. One on one’s when appropriate and behavior redirection.
- Act as first responder to resident emergency response system.
- Initiate planned behavioral interventions when indicated.
- Monitor residents and environment frequently, noting resident’s condition and response to treatment.
- Supervise and assure completion of any required documentation in the resident’s medical record.
- Make physician appointments, therapy appointments and arrange for transportation to appointments as needed.
- Identify and seek referrals for residents in need of psychosocial or behavioral evaluations.
- Use good body mechanics and monitor environmental factors for potential safety hazards daily.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe environment for residents and comply with and monitor adherence to infection control and medication policies and procedures.
- Complete accident and incident reports, and monthly infection control logs according to facility policy.
- Maintain current knowledge of scope of practice for self and others and recognize legal implications when making nursing judgments.
- Record information on changes in condition, new orders, incidents, etc. in the communication log.
- Inform the Director of Nursing, or other appropriate staff regarding changes in resident physical, emotional or behavioral status, orally and via the Stop and Watch tool.
- Initiate and contribute to the plan of care for residents, according to resident needs and policy, in order to promote continuity of care from admission through discharge or transfer.
- Communicate with therapist(s) to ensure follow through with evaluations or therapy.
- Consult with and inform culinary director regarding the resident’s special nutritional needs.
- Report defective equipment or potential hazards for repair or immediate remediation.
- Serve as role model in dealing with confused residents or those exhibiting disruptive behaviors.
- Practice effective health and hygiene habits.
For full job posting or to submit your resume, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or come in and complete an application.
2333 Chapel Hill Road, Columbia, MO 65203