Manor Grove, a long term nursing care facility located in Kirkwood, MO is currently seeking an Admissions Coordinator/Social Worker
- Manor Grove Nursing Home is a small 117 bed facility looking for a caring, multi-tasking Admissions Coordinator/Social Worker effective immediately.
- Admission Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone inquiries, provide tours, respond to and follow up on all appropriate contacts
- Work in conjunction with the interdisciplinary teams to properly screen, verify insurance/payer source, and proper placement of residents/patients.
- Assess for appropriate level of care and handle all appropriate preliminary work for a smooth transition for residents
- Verify Medicare, managed care and Medicaid benefits
- Obtain prior authorizations from managed care companies
- Act as a connection between the admission Nurse and the care team to ensure regulatory compliance, a positive resident orientation, and payer source all achieved prior to and upon admission
- Determine a resident’s decision making capacity and review power of attorney documents and take steps to have it invoked if needed.
- Counsel family and residents about DNR form and determine appropriate person to sign
- Reviews paperwork and conducts signings for new resident’s
- Arranges transportation
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Accurately document the outcome of all referrals.
- Supports coworkers and encourages a sense of team work amongst peers
- Address resident and family concerns
- Maintain an accurate record of available beds and a resident waiting list
- Participate in creation of care plans and follow up meetings
- Advocate for resident rights
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
Admissions Coordinator Qualifications:
- 2 years of sales/marketing/customer service experience
- Knowledge of insurance, managed care, Medicare, and Medicaid regulations
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft
- Skilled nursing facility experience preferredPlease send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org