The Clinical Instructor position is a Non Tenure Track Clinical appointment in MU Nursing Outreach (MUNO). It is a 1.00 FTE twelve-month appointment and is accountable to the Assistant Dean of MUNO. This individual meets the criteria for a Nurse Planner as required by the Midwest Multistate Division (MSD) of the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC).
Master’s prepared nurse required; minimum of 5 years’ experience in nursing and/or nursing education
1. In cooperation with the Primary Nurse Planner, the Nurse Planner is responsible for ensuring that appropriate educational design principles are used and processes are consistent with the ANCC/Midwest MSD Accreditation criteria.
2. Assumes a leadership role in assessing learning needs, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating annual educational programs offered by MUNO.
3. Integrate evidence-based principles of adult learning in continuing nursing education (CNE) program planning.
4. Uses multiple teaching-learning methods to promote transfer of learning to the work setting in order to improve health care and health outcomes.
5. Uses technology to promote teaching and learning in face-to-face and virtual environments.
6. Assures accurate and complete documentation is in place for all MUNO educational programs.
7. Represents MUNO in planning meetings for co-provided interprofessional conferences when Primary Nurse Planner is unavailable, ensuring that ANCC/Midwest MSD accreditation criteria are adhered to.
8. Contributes toward MUNO’s expectation of fiscal self-sufficiency (e.g., through innovative programming ideas to generate revenue, identification of external funding, developing trusting relationships with potential internal and external partners).
9. Represents the educational outreach mission of the School of Nursing to the nursing community throughout the state.
10. Assists in writing applications for continuing approval as a CE provider through the Midwest MSD, also annual reports for Midwest MSD and other reports as needed.
11. Keeps current with rapidly changing health care scene and implications for CNE and its role in improving health outcomes.
12. Other responsibilities as agreed to by both the Nurse Planner and the Primary Nurse Planner.
MU Campus HR site https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic
MU Extension site at http://extension.missouri.edu/careers/positions_available.html