Central Gardens, Inc., a residential care facility, is seeking an experienced Director of Nursing who can manage the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the nursing care provided to our residents through direct oversight, coaching and supervision of nursing staff to ensure that the highest quality services are delivered to our residents. The ideal candidate must have good communication and administrative skills, be committed to the philosophy of exceptional resident care and have the ability to work well within a team environment.
• Supervises and gives clinical guidance to medication technicians and nursing assistants.
• Oversees all resident care. Makes rounds and visits residents on each work day.
• Responsible for nursing assessment on monthly or as needed basis, documenting assessments, notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing orders. Make rounds with the medical director twice a month and as needed to ensure any changes or new orders are documented.
• Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary but at least annually.
• Interprets all nursing policies and procedures as they apply to nursing personnel. Determines whether nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are adhered to in accordance with written guidelines.
• Works under the direction of the Administrator to ensure all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-services, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
• Ensures all necessary written documents, including, but not limited to the Admission Nursing Assessment, Nursing Notes, Over-all Care Plans and other required information, are current in the resident record system. (Records are kept current following facility’s policies, and/or State and Federal regulations.)
• Responsible for determining whether the medication system meets the needs of the resident, is an efficient type of administration system, and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines. Responsible for making sure all medications are ordered and on medication cart to be administered. Destroys medications as needed. Meets with registered pharmacist every two months to maintain and/or prevent any adverse drug reactions and possible changes in lab values.
• Informs administrator of significant changes in residents’ conditions, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and/or employees.
• Provides nail care to residents who are diabetic or on blood thinners.
• Administers all IM injections.
• Organizes Flu clinic and ensures vaccines are up to date on residents.
• Dietary review done every three months. monitor weight (gain or loss) and eating habits.
• Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that stock is maintained.
• Determines whether incident reports are completed as necessary or as indicated and further reviews such on a routine basis.
• Is available for call every other week when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
• Oversees nursing department budget, including completion of reports to the Administrator on a timely basis.
• Prefer Licensed Registered Nurse, with three years’ experience in long-term care. In lieu of RN license, a Licensed Practical Nurse will be considered with multiple years of experience in long-term care.
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
• Managerial background.
• Ability to direct and motivate others.
• Record Keeping
• Data entry and computer skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Medical Insurance, employer provided
• Vision Insurance, employer provided
• Life Insurance, employer provided
• Dental Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Personal Days
• Paid Sick Leave
• Paid Bereavement & Jury Duty Leave
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Paid Cellular Phone
• Competetive Pay
• Bonus Eligibility
Please send resume to email@example.com
Central Gardens Inc.
302 N Elm Street
Dexter, MO 63841