Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is seeking a CNA/CMT at our skilled nursing facility, Mary, Queen and Mother Center. The role provides administers nursing care to residents based on the plan of care and under the direct supervision of charge personnel. Prepares, administers, and records medication by all routes except those given by the parenteral route.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs and assists residents with personal activities of daily living.
• Assists resident to meals and monitors food and fluid intake.
• Maintains good housekeeping standards in residents’ rooms and work areas.
• Ensures resident safety by making routine rounds and ensuring that at least one CNA is on the hall at all times. CNA
should sign out when leaving division for break or meals.
• Helps to meet the emotional needs of the resident, e.g., talking and listening to residents.
• Performs vital signs accurately.
• Observes, evaluates, reports, and records response of the resident to medications given.
• Responsible for requisition and credit of medications. Pulls stat labels for reorder. Initials and dates label for reorder.
• Receives medications from pharmacy when delivered, checking contents against receipt and signing for medications
with the exception of controlled meds, for which a licensed nurse must sign.
• Demonstrates knowledge of infection control policies at all times. Maintains safe, clean environment (including
medication room and cart, galley, and refrigerators) and careful use of supplies and equipment.
• Performs cleaning duties as assigned.
• Must have completed the State of Missouri Certified Nurse Assistant training program and be in good standing in the
State of Missouri.
• Must have current CPR Certification or be willing to become CPR certified.
• Must be a current Certified Nurse Assistant in good standing in the state of Missouri.
• Utilizes tactful, diplomatic communication skills to interact in potentially sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
• Must be self-motivated and possess good judgment.
• Able to perform the physical/mental functions of this position.
CRSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Dental, Health Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
• Pension 401a
Apply at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63119 or submit resume online to HR@crssstl.org.