Must be at least 17 years old and currently certified or enrolled in a certification course within 4 months of date of hire.
• Provide resident care as presented in the C.N.A. course and in the MVH procedure manual
• Comply with the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
• Attend to individual needs of residents which may include but is not limited to assistance with grooming, bathing/showering, oral hygiene, delivery and set up of food trays, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, repositioning, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individual’s care requirements.
• Transport residents to and from their room, dining room, recreational room, and elsewhere as required.
• Lift, move, position and transport residents, using proper body mechanics and/or lifting devices for accident prevention.
• Walk and stand extensively to and from various locations of the facility while making rounds and transporting residents within the facility.
• Make resident beds.
• Serve between meal and bedtime nourishment as assigned. Encourage/assist residents with hydration requirement
To apply: Come into our facility at 2400 Veterans Memorial Drive Cape Girardeau MO, 63701. If you have any questions, feel free to call our Human Resources Department at 573-986-4061.