Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is seeking a CMT/LIMA at our assisted living facility, Mother of Perpetual Help and St. Elizabeth Hall. The role functions as a Certified Medication Technician (CMT)/Level I Medication Aide for CRSS Assisted Living Facilities. Administers and documents medications by all routes except for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections, with the exception of insulin. Assist residents who are functionally, physically and or socially impaired and need 24 hour protective oversight and assist residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping and cleaning duties. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of Cardinal Ritter Senior Service.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares, administers and documents medications by all routes, except for intramuscular and subcutaneous injections,
with the exception of insulin, in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
• Responsible for performing blood sugar testing and administering insulin as ordered.
• Maintains glucometer calibration checks and documents.
• Observes, reports and records response of the resident to medications.
• Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition, skin conditions and cognitive/ emotional status to
Resident Care Coordinator.
• Maintains an accurate account of controlled substances.
• Orders and monitors appropriate use of needed supplies including reordering of medications.
• Administers specified treatments and records.
• Administer oxygen by nasal cannula as needed.
• Maintains oxygen systems for residents on a daily bases.
• Records incidents, errors, and/or accidents.
• Conducts room checks and makes resident rounds.
• Assists with quality assurance programs.
• Assists in training of new CMT/ML1 staff.
• Provides and promotes customer service for residents, employees, and visitors
• Performs other duties as directed.
• Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant and in good standing in the state of Missouri.
• Must have successfully completed the Certified Medication Technician training program for the state of Missouri and be
in good standing.
• Must have successfully completed or be willing to complete the Insulin Administration Training Program within three
months of hire.
• Must have current CPR certification or be willing to become CPR certified.
• Maintains all certification required for employment qualifications
• Able to perform duties with minimal direction from the Resident Care Coordinator.
• Must have successfully completed the Level I Medication Aide Training Program for the state of Missouri consisting of a
minimum of sixteen hours of integrated formal instruction and practice sessions supervised by an approved instructor.
CRSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Dental, Health Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
• Pension 401a
Apply at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63119 or submit resume online to HR@crssstl.org.