Cardinal Ritter Senior Services is seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing at our skilled nursing facility, Mary, Queen and Mother Center. This position will assist the DON in planning, developing, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state and local requirements that govern our facility and as may be directed by the Administrator to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists the Director of Nursing in coordinating the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and
directing the functions of the 24 hour Nursing Care Facility in accordance with Federal, State, and MQMC guidelines.
• Oversee the assessment, intervention and evaluation of residents who are ill, newly admitted or exhibit a change in
• Assist Supervisors and or charge nurses with activities of the medical director, staff physicians, and consultant while
ensuring the follow through of orders.
• Ensure that Supervisors and Charge Nurses are Leading, Supervising, and Assisting CNAs and CMTs in delivering
Quality Care to all Residents and properly documenting in Progress Notes Resident Change of Condition and or Doctor
• Ensures that a written plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) for each resident is maintained.
• Conducts Chart Audits to all new Admissions within 24 hours of Admission.
• Coordinates nursing services with other resident service to ensure the continuity of the resident’s care(other internal
disciplinary departments and external consultants)
• Schedules and Chairs monthly Supervisor meetings. Provides leadership training that includes the administrative and
supervisory principles essential for the Supervisors and nursing staff.
• Assist in the overall recruitment, training, employment and separation of the nursing staff with DON, Administrator and
Director of Human Resources.
• Addresses grievances in conjunction with Human Resources.
• Assists the development, maintenance and updating of written policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day
functions of the department with the support of the nursing staff.
• Reviews applications of potential admissions to determine appropriate level of care needs.
• Completes employee performance evaluations on designated Due Date for staff directly supervised.
• Responsible for ensuring staff follows HR Policies and Procedures.
• Has the ability to be flexible and perform other duties as assigned by the DON, and Administrator.
• Current Missouri registered nursing license, or current Missouri licensed practical nursing license (under the direct
supervision of registered nurse).
• At least five (5) years experience in long term care Nursing.
• Knowledge of regulations pertaining to long term care and medical records.
•Dental, Health Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
Apply at Cardinal Ritter Senior Services, 7601 Watson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63119 or submit resume online to HR@crssstl.org.