• Organize functions of the facility through appropriate departmentalization and consistent with the principles of a thriving participatory management culture.
• Assist the Administrator in daily operations.
• Serve as Acting Administrator during absence of Administrator as assigned.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the V.A. regulations and Interpretative Guidelines as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations, chapter 38, all Subparts and ensure daily compliance with same. Assist department leaders in monitoring and understanding of VA regulations.
• Have a full understanding of the Revised Statutes of the State of Missouri, Chapter 42 inclusive as this is the defining statutory code for the existence and functioning of the Missouri Veterans Commission and ensure daily compliance with same. As well as state purchasing procurement and practices. Assist with legislative and regulatory compliance.
• Respond to, track and mitigate customer complaints/concerns as assigned.
• Assist the Administrator in management of labor relations, creating an environment conducive to positive relationships. May have first line responsibility in handling employee complaints.
• Advise supervisors in formal grievance procedure, participate in labor-management meetings; advise in management on labor relations issues within the facility.
• Provide employee counseling and disciplinary action as necessary. Assist department leaders when the need to counsel employees arises.
• Oversee and participate in workforce development as assigned.
• Manage resident and family complaints and assist with investigations.
• Assist with the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as needed.
• Directly supervise departments as assigned by the Administrator.
• Assist in risk management (workers compensation, lawsuits, investigations, etc.).
• Work overtime as needed.
Eligibility for classification of Assistant Veterans Home Administrator under the provisions of the Uniform Classification and Pay System and possession of a current Nursing Home Administrator’s license issued by the Missouri Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
Please send resume and cover letter to the Personnel Officer at: