Job Summary: The Admissions Coordinator’s primary function is to interview prospective residents, families, and others leading to admission to the health care facility. In addition, this position will develop, implement, and evaluate marketing strategies to support occupancy goals of the facility.
Essential Functions / Duties:
• Conduct tours of the facility to prospective residents, families, and medical professionals.
• Screen and/or interview prospective residents for admission to the health care facility, upon request or as directed.
• Coordinate communication between residents, family members, staff, and other medical professionals regarding admission and/or the discharge process.
• Coordinate admission of residents; ensure admission and/or discharge paperwork and related documents are completed and in the resident’s file.
o Ensure room is ready prior to occupancy date.
o Notify appropriate staff of the admission.
o Verify necessary transfer forms have been obtained.
o Prepare all paperwork necessary for admission.
o Compute first month’s rent and any community fee due.
o Meet with the resident and/or family to review facility policies and procedures, sign paperwork, and collect appropriate rent/fees.
o Enter information into the designated computer system and obtain resident picture, if applicable.
o Orient resident and family with facility layout.
o Follow-up with the resident and/or DPOA for any missing information.
• Develop a marketing plan; conduct demographic and secondary research as well as customer satisfaction assessment surveys to develop target market profile; create advertising/marketing material using print, radio, television, and the internet to reach market; develop news releases and provide advice related to public relations events.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with hospital discharge coordinators and social service consultants; establish open lines of communication with consultants and consistently take follow-up action on recommendations.
• Follow-up with resident and/or family after admission for any concerns and forward to appropriate staff.
• Take inquiry calls regarding facility and services; follow-up on pending inquiries.
• Act as a backup for tours in the apartments (independent and assisted living).
• Maintain accurate resident census information.
• Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Operate computers programmed with software needed to record, store, and analyze resident information; operate copy/fax/printer machines to send documents and produce documents.
• Perform other related duties as directed by the Administrator.
Please refer to the Physical and Other Requirements section for abilities that are essential as they relate to the ability to do duties listed above.
Education and Experiences: Prior experience in a similar working environment is preferred, but not a requirement of the position. Experience in marketing, health care, or related field is desired.
To apply: Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org