Date(s) - 11/17/2017
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Stoney Creek Inn,
Categories No Categories
Target Audience: NHA, RN, LPN, AD, OT, PT, RD/DTR, SW
CE Approved: NHA (5 hours; 2.5 Administrative/2.5 Patient Care)
Program: Registration 8:30 a.m., Program 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Lunch 12 – 1 p.m.
Purpose: In order to be successful at person centered care, communities must have consistent assignments and give care partners the authority to make day-to-day decisions in providing care. Often the design of the building limits creating neighborhoods or households that are a part of culture change. Investigate how to de-institutionalize the environment to make a home and to provide person centered care to the best of your ability.
- Discover the value of honoring choice related to eating, bathing, sleeping, and spending the day.
- Describe the importance of sleep on residents’ quality of life.
- Define staff empowerment and ways to implement.
- Analyze the impact of consistent staffing on resident choice.
- Explore the importance of developing an individualized plan of care with input from the direct care partners.
Speaker: Belinda Vierthaler, LMSW, LACHA, Director, GERTI, Olathe, Kansas
Bookings are closed for this event.