Date(s) - 11/01/2018
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Stoney Creek Inn
Bring Your ICD-10 Coding Books!
The session will address:
- Don’t Trust the EHR – How to Use the ICD-10 Book (Proper use of the tabular list and index, coding rules at
each section, digits required, etc.)
- CMS Coding Guidelines and the Need for Specificity
- Selecting the Principal Diagnosis
- Coding for Injuries (7th character definitions)
- Using Valid Documentation for Assigning Diagnoses (Physician vs. non-physician documentation)
- Patient Driven Payment Model ICD-10 Specifics
Attendees will participate by working through actual coding examples.
Instructor: Pamela L. Scott, RHIT, CCS, CRC, CCDS, AHIMA Approved ICD-10CM/PCS Trainer, Assistant Vice President, Coding Support and Compliance Services, First Class Solutions