Date(s) - 03/22/2017
9:00 am - 12:15 pm
Target Audience: NHA, RN, LPN, AD, DM, RD/DTR, SW
CE Approved: NHA (3 hours; Patient Care)
Program: Registration 8:30 a.m., Program 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Purpose: This session will build an understanding of the environment of hospice and the environment of long-term care. Through this education hospice and long-term care providers will learn how to collaborate their care to maximize the benefit for their residents and meet regulatory requirements.
1. Identify barriers to hospice in long-term care.
2. Educate the beginning of the disease trajectory which leads to late start on hospice services.
3. Provide ways to discuss the end of life decision making.
4. Discuss collaboration of care.
5. Educate how to help residents, staff, and family during the bereavement process.
Speaker: Heather Bax, BSN, MBA, LNHA, CHPN, Clinical Director, JMS Senior Living, Jefferson City, Missouri
Bookings are closed for this event.