Date(s) - 05/10/2017
9:00 am - 12:15 pm
Target Audience: NHA, RN, LPN, AD, OT, PT, RD/DTR, SW
CE Approved: NHA (3 hours; Administrative)
Program: Registration 8:30 a.m., Program 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Purpose: Do health care professionals still eat their young? What is the difference between bullying and incivility? The American Nurses Association has recently posted a strong “zero tolerance” position statement on incivility, bullying, and workplace violence. This presentation will update you on what is considered incivility and bullying, provide examples, and help health care professionals recognize and prevent bullying in the health care workplace.
1. Compare bullying and incivility in the workplace.
2. Recognize bullying in the workplace.
3. Discuss ways to prevent bullying and incivility in the workplace.
4. Describe the different types of workplace violence: Violence from patient to nurse, nurse to nurse violence and physician to nurse violence.
5. Identify behavior/actions that lead to workplace violence and how to reduce the risk of becoming a victim of violence.
Speaker: BJ Whiffen, DNP, RN, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, Dean of Nursing, Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing & Health Sciences, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Bookings are closed for this event.