Date(s) - 11/02/2017
Target Audience: NHA, RN, LPN, AD, OT, PT, RD/DTR, SW
CE Approved: NHA (5 hours; Patient Care)
Program: Registration 8:30 a.m., Program 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Lunch 12 – 1 p.m.
Purpose: To define changes in our food system and explore applicable ways to incorporate fresh and innovative ideas in your community. Ever wonder if there is anything else that can be done to improve a patient’s nutritional status? We need to move past the days of just adding an “Ensure” to trays. This program will leave you with new and exciting ideas for your resident’s diets. We will explore the food system and discover what may be missing from your current plan. Learn ways to bring excitement back to the table from a dietitian on the “front lines” of nutrition.
- Examine current shortcomings in our nutrition care process.
- Discuss the top nutrient concerns in the elderly population.
- Review current nutrition therapy guidelines.
- Acquire knowledge on new-to-market and upcoming products in our food system and how they may benefit residents.
- Formulate creative solutions to begin integrating fresh, nutrient-dense meals/snacks for residents.
Speaker: Jessica Miller, RDN, CDE, Corporate Dietitian and Natural/Organic Food Buyer, Pyramid Foods, Springfield, Missouri
Bookings are closed for this event.