Date(s) - 04/07/2020 - 04/09/2020
Margaritaville Lake Resort
Our primary goal during the Annual Long-Term Care Convention is to provide educational and networking opportunities that help our valued members, long-term care administrators and professionals, health care providers and guests.
A great line-up of speakers will talk on current topics that are important to you and your industry. One of our featured topics is leadership. In the presentation, Leadership: Eliminating Road Blocks on the Way to Success, attendees will develop tools to maintain strong and effective leadership while eliminating roadblocks. Effective leadership during team establishment, new processes, new PDPM, and new employee integration is not an easy task. Times and technology are always evolving in healthcare and leaders have to spearhead implementation of new, best practices and do so with a great attitude. You will learn to identify leadership tools to overcome common roadblocks in route to successful leadership.
Additional topics include:
- What Living as a Resident Can Teach Long-Term Care Staff
- Chronic Conditions: Prevention and Symptom Management
- Compassion Fatigue
- R.E.S.E.T. Your Mindset to Achieve a Higher Level of Success in Business and Life
- Preparing for Difficult Discussions: Delivering Bad News
- Trauma Informed Care: Shifting to a Person Centered Culture
- A Hard Pill to Swallow: What You Should Know about Digestive Health
- Managing Mental Illness and Behaviors in LTC and Continuum Care Communities
- PDPM – An Interdisciplinary Team Approach
NHA: Pending approval for 20 administrator continuing education hours by the Missouri Board of Nursing Home Administrators. Receive up to 20 CE hours. All other disciplines will receive a certificate of attendance.