MLN scholarships are available annually in the fall.
The MLN recognizes the need to help qualified students achieve their nursing career goals. The amount of scholarships
vary, depending on the criteria outlined in the "Rules and Regulations." Note to Students: All scholarship applications MUST come from your dean. Applications submitted directly from a student will not be considered.
The MLN Scholarship is available to LPN students; RN students above the freshman level in associate degree/diploma programs; RN students above the sophomore level in baccalaureate nursing programs; or MSN candidates who have completed at least 15 hours of the courses required for the advanced degree and hold an active license in Missouri.
Rules and Guidelines
- Money for the Missouri League for Nursing Scholarship Awards is derived from a percentage of the net income designated by the MLN Board of Directors each fiscal year plus the net proceeds from specified fund raising projects.
- The amount designated for the awards will vary annually according to the net income of MLN and the net proceeds of fund raising projects.
- The number of awardees will depend upon available funds. No one scholarship to be awarded shall exceed two thousand dollars ($2,500).
- The account of the fund shall be included in the financial statement of the Missouri League for Nursing annually at the close of the fiscal year.
- Amount to be granted shall be announced by the Missouri League for Nursing annually.
- A grant shall be made annually to a student(s) attending a nursing education program approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing or with current national accreditation; i.e., LPN program; RN students above the freshman level in associate degree/diploma programs; or RN students above the sophomore level in a baccalaureate program; or MSN candidates who have completed at least 15 hours of the courses required for the advanced degree and must have active license in Missouri.
- If the student does not complete the semester in which the grant is made, the total amount of a grant shall be returned to the Missouri League for Nursing Scholarship Fund, c/o Missouri League for Nursing within 60 days of termination of school.
- The Awards and Scholarship Committee of the Missouri League for Nursing shall select all recipients and/or alternates (in the event the original winner(s) withdraws from school) from the qualified candidates submitted by nursing schools.
- The grant shall be mailed to the Dean/Director of the NursingSchool and shall be used for tuition, books, supplies, or room and board.
- Qualifications for candidacy for the Missouri League for Nursing Scholarship Awards:
- Validation of enrollment by Dean/Director of a nursing education program approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing or with current national accreditation.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or above based on 4=A; 3=B; etc.
- Recommendation from program Dean/Director of student's need, interest, and academic standing.
- Justification from student of financial need.
- Submission of an original plus one typed copy of a fully completed Missouri League for Nursing Scholarship Award application.
- One year residency in the State of Missouri and U.S. citizenship.
- Provide names and addresses of three persons who will know student's address for the next five years.
MLN Scholarship Application Form
This form can be obtained from an accredited school of nursing in Missouri and the typed, original must be submitted to the MLN from your school of nursing. Applications will not be accepted if received directly from individuals. To submit an application, contact the dean at your school of nursing.